Saturday, April 20, 2013

Jackson Art Center Open Studios Sunday, April 28, 2013

I have always found green to be a difficult color to work with--of course there are all ranges of green--from warm to cool, bright to dark, but green can easily overpower a painting. I once had a teacher who made me do a series of paintings using pthalo green--really tough to put a lot of that color green in a painting. At this spring's open studios, we will be featuring a "green" exhibit of works predominantly green. However, there is also a broader interpretation of "green" as in new, environmental, and, of course, spring.  Here is just one of my "green" works that will be on display.


Stop by Jackson Art Center, Sunday, April 28th between 12 and 5pm. 3050 R Street, NW, WDC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love your green painting.

Anonymous said...

I never thought of greens being especially difficult to work with...you have used a several different greens very successfully in this painting. Well done!

Mary said...

If you come to Costa Rica, you can practice with ALL your greens!! :)